Halifax Central Junior High
1787 Preston St
Halifax, NS B3H 3V7
- Main: (902) 421-6777 Fax: (902) 421-2868
- See staff directory for more
|Office - Safe Arrival Phone||(902) 421-6777 Press 0 Main Office Press 1 for Safe Arrival|
|School Hrs||8:50am - 3:15pm ( 8:30 Entry)|
|Nut. Break||10:55am - 11:00am Lunch 12-1:10pm (1:00pm Entry)|
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to our school. We believe that each of you brings to the school a unique combination of energies, talents, and interests. Our programs have been designed to provide you with opportunities to reach your potential and strive toward excellence.
Our School is:
• a school body of 140 students and 13.5 full and part time staff members working together to make the school year very special.
• an administrative and support staff of a principal, vice-principal, guidance counselor, student support teacher, resource teacher,learning centre teacher, one EPA, secretary, library support technician and two caretakers.
• a Home and School Association involved in the school through fund raising and organizing volunteers
• a School Advisory Council made up of parents and guardians, students, and staff who meet on a regular basis
• a building usually occupied by students and staff from early in the morning to late in the day
• a school that values and encourages exploration and achievement in the 4 A's - Academics, Athletics, the Arts and positive attitude
Our Mission Statement is:
The mission of the school as a dynamic, caring community of life-long learners is to create engaging learning opportunities by providing a safe and respectful setting, in which each person's gifts and talents are valued, self-confidence is cultivated, the pursuit of excellence is promoted, and improvement is honoured.